This IKEA DIY Allowed Me to Create the Most Modern-Looking Coffee Table

 


Hello, dear readers!

If you're anything like me, you've probably spent countless hours scrolling through Pinterest, lusting after those sleek, modern coffeetables that seem to be the centerpiece of every stylish living room. But if you've also checked the price tags on some of those beauties, you might have experienced a bit of sticker shock. I know I did.

But guess what? I found a solution, and it comes from our favorite Swedish furniture store: IKEA. With a little bit of creativity and some DIY spirit, I transformed a basic IKEA piece into a coffee table that looks like it walked straight out of a high-end furniture showroom. And today, I'm going to share with you how I did it!

Step 1: Choose Your Base

I started with the LACK coffee table from IKEA. It's affordable, sturdy, and provides a great canvas for customization. The clean lines and simple design make it perfect for a modern makeover.

Step 2: Elevate with Legs

One of the quickest ways to give the LACK table a modern twist is by adding some stylish legs. I opted for hairpin legs, which I found online. They come in various sizes and finishes, but I chose a matte black finish for that sleek look. Simply unscrew the original IKEA legs and replace them with your new ones.

Step 3: Add a Touch of Luxury with Marble

Marble screams luxury, but real marble can be quite pricey. So, I went for the next best thing: marble contact paper. It's easy to apply, and it instantly elevates the look of the table. Just ensure you smooth out any bubbles as you go along.

Step 4: Accessorize

Once my table was assembled and looking fabulous, I added a few accessories. Think coffee table books, a chic tray, some fresh flowers, and a candle or two. These little touches make all the difference and can be changed out according to the season or your mood.

Final Thoughts

I can't begin to express how thrilled I am with how my coffee table turned out. It's chic, modern, and looks way more expensive than it actually was. Plus, there's a certain satisfaction in knowing I customized it myself.

So, if you're in the market for a new coffee table but don't want to break the bank, head to IKEA and let your creativity run wild. Trust me; you won't regret it!

Until next time, happy DIY-ing!

Post a Comment

0 Comments