The Day I Became an Unplanned DIY Celebrity: My Paint Tub Stool Disaster!

Hey lovely readers!

If you had told me a week ago that I would be the star of a video that over 67 million people watched, laughed at, and shared... I would've thought you'd had one too many mimosas. But life has its way of surprising us, and sometimes it's not the way we hope for. Let me take you on this hilariously messy journey of my DIY disaster.

It was a Saturday morning, and I was on a mission: finally paint that old wall in my living room. I had everything ready – the brushes, the paint, the rollers, and the energy! There was only one thing missing – a stool to stand on because, let's be honest, I wasn’t blessed with height. 😅

DIY Lesson #1: When in doubt, DO NOT improvise.

Spotting the paint tub, I thought, "Oh, that could work!" It seemed sturdy enough, and the lid was on tight. What could possibly go wrong, right? So, I climbed on top, paintbrush in hand, ready to conquer that high corner.

The first few brush strokes were a success! I was feeling pretty proud of myself, giving myself a mental pat on the back for my resourcefulness. But just as I dipped my brush back into the paint can in my other hand, the universe decided it was time for a chuckle.

Without warning, the tub buckled under me. Paint went EVERYWHERE. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. My hair, my clothes, the floor, the walls – even my dog, Bella, who’d been curiously watching from a distance, wasn’t spared.

Now, if this disaster had happened in private, I would have let out a few choice words, cleaned up the mess, and never spoken of it again. But, here's the twist: I had set up a camera to document my DIY adventure. And well, that footage captured every single mortifying second.

DIY Lesson #2: Always be careful where you share your videos.

One of my friends convinced me to share the video on social media. "It’s too funny," she said. "People will love it!" So, thinking only a few friends and family would see it, I posted it. I could never have predicted what happened next.

Within hours, the video was shared, liked, and commented on by thousands. Memes were made. #PaintTubFail started trending. Talk show hosts reached out for interviews. My epic DIY fail had gone VIRAL.

At first, I was mortified. But then, the messages started pouring in. People shared their own DIY disasters with me, and we laughed together. I realized that in these challenging times, a little laughter was something everyone needed. And if my misadventure could bring a smile to millions, then it was worth every drop of paint.

DIY Lesson #3: Every disaster can be a blessing in disguise.

Today, I sit here (on a proper chair, mind you) with gratitude. Yes, the wall still needs painting, and yes, Bella still has a slightly blue tint. But I've made memories and connected with so many people worldwide.

So here’s to life's unexpected moments, the lessons they bring, and the laughter that follows. And to everyone who watched, shared, and laughed along with me - thank you. Remember, it’s not about how many times you fall (or spill paint), it's about how you get back up and the stories you tell afterward.

Happy DIY-ing everyone, but maybe... just maybe, stick to using actual stools! 😉🎨🤷‍♀️

P.S. To the 57 people who sent me links to buy stools online – I appreciate your concern, and yes, I’ve now invested in one. Safe DIY-ing only from here on out!


If you liked my story, don’t forget to share and spread the laughter. Life’s too short to not find humor in our missteps! 💕🖌️ #PaintTubFail

Post a Comment

0 Comments